I recently compared and contrasted some of Red Apple Lipstick’s fabulous new fall (gluten and allergen free) red lip colors with a few of their previously released colors in what I like to call a Red Shootout! I don’t know which is my favorite as they’re all unique and have their own beautiful undertones and twists on shades of red. In my quick little shootout video, I feature six shades of red and one berry/red lip gloss. Below I’ll describe and compare the features of each one since the video is shorter and just a small visual overview. All of the products featured can be found at redapplelipstick.com
Red Apple Lipsticks Featured: (in video order)
- Red! 101 – This is the epitome of a classic red lipstick! It was the first color I ever bought from RAL and easily one of my favorite and most used colors. It’s a blue based red that has the perfect amount of creaminess and shine. This really looks great on a variety of skin tones.
- Strawberry Lips - Closer to a wine color of red, Strawberry Lips is darker and has more brown undertones than Red! 101. Compared to Barcelona, it’s slightly lighter in color and with less brown/orange tones in it. It has a silky finish with no sparkles but nice shine. It can be worn more sheer or darker depending on the number of coats applied.
- Light My Fire (new fall 2013) – The name of this one says it all! Light My Fire is a pretty and glowing coppery red with little shimmers that remind me of a warm fall bonfire. I really love how it slightly sparkles in the sun or shines at night.
- Ravishing (new fall 2013) – This bold red is described by RAL as “luxurious” and “crimson”. I agree! It has fantastic color payoff as part of the instant color collection and is darker than Red! 101 and Strawberry Lips. I love the depth of Ravishing, and I think it even makes my teeth looks whiter when I wear it! I apply it with a lipbrush.
- Barcelona (new fall 2013) – This is such a great name for this one, it reminds me of a warm Spanish brick color. I think the brown/orange tones in this red would flatter a lot of different skin tones and it’s a great color to play with intensities (sheer vs. bold).
- Fierce (new fall 2013) – The best bold and deep red/purple wine color ever! Fierce looks ultra dark in the tube, but applies lighter. I regularly use a lip brush to apply this vampy color for more accuracy–I don’t want to go out of my lip line with such a bold color. While some women might think it’s too dark for them, I say think again. You have total control of how light or dark you want the color to be since it’s a mineral lipstick. I think a vampy dark lip in the fall/winter months is so chic!
- Berried Treasure (mint 2 be gloss) – I love this minty gloss and use it almost daily! It’s a true berry color that is a little more on the sheer side, but with tons of shine and sparkle to brighten up your look. I paired this gloss over Strawberry Lips and got a great shiny mauve color! This gloss would look great on everyone in my opinion. It also contains added vitamins for great lip health and moisture around the clock.
Which gluten-free red lipstick is your favorite??
(Tip: Regularly exfoliate your lips of dead skin cells using RAL exfoliate stick before applying lipstick for an ultra smooth finish).
**Also worn in the video on my eyes: Red Apple Lipstick Mineral Eyeshadow in “Down the Earth” all over the lid and “Silver Lining” on the inner corners of my eyes and just under the brow bone for a natural awakening glow.