Whether you have extreme allergies or not, going back to nature for beauty is key to avoiding exposure to harmful chemicals and additives that most of the conventional beauty industry is laden with (not to mention soy). Here are my favorite beauty fixes, sponsored by mother nature.
1. Honey — Use it in combination with mashed avocado for a hydrating face mask that will leave your skin glowing.
2. Coconut Oil– Use as a daily moisturizer for face and body. It is charged with loads of good vitamins and minerals. Try putting it on a burn or sunburn and watch the healing process speed up quickly. Since your skin is the largest organ, think of whatever you put on it as food. Feed your skin natural nutrients instead of chemicals, because everything sinks in and gets absorbed! I know it’s been said before, but “What goes on the skin, sinks in!” Keep it simple.
3. Lemon– The next time your skin has a breakout, try applying some fresh lemon juice or pulp to the area. It works better than any breakout medication I’ve used in the past. As a preventative measure, squeeze some fresh lemon juice onto a cotton swab or bit of tissue and smooth it all over your face and neck to remove dirt and makeup.
4. Olive Oil– Use it as a deep conditioning hair treatment. Coat the ends of your hair in olive oil and massage it through the rest. Leave it on for about 20 minutes then shampoo as you usually do.
5. Sea Salt or Sugar– Mix sea salt or sugar with olive oil, honey, and cinnamon (for scent, or your could use an essential oil of your choice) and use the mixture to exfoliate in the shower. The course sea salt or grainy sugar will buff off dead skin cells and reveal glowing healthy skin underneath. I love using this in the dry winter months to hydrate and exfoliate at the same time.
What are your favorite natural beauty tips? Leave a comment below.