This is a part of a comprehensive Detox and/or Candida Elimination plan that I have personally done. Look for follow up posts coming next for more information.
Disclaimer: (I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice. Listen to your body or consult with a medical practitioner or holistic health professional to find out what is best for you).
Where to Start?
You may have a Candida Albicans overgrowth problem due to several different factors:
- -The Standard American Diet (SAD…pun intended).
- Having been on Anti-biotics
- Having been on Birth Control Pills or contraceptives for a long period of time.
- Undiagnosed or newly diagnosed food allergies or intolerance.
- Routine digestive distress.
- High sugar, refined carbohydrates, or alcohol consumption
- Extremely high Stress levels
Vary from person to person, but common signs include:
- Digestive problems, IBS, gas and indigestion.
- Low energy, feeling tired all the time, difficult to wake.
- Mood swings
- Craving sugar and high carb foods
- Poor concentration/ADHD
- Overall “off” feeling
- Leaky gut syndrome, which can actually result in other temporary food allergies, as food particles are accidentally entering the bloodstream causing reactions. Some food reactions may lessen when leaky gut is healed.
- **Oral Thrush – a white coating on the tongue
- Weight gain or weight loss depending on the level of candida albicans overgrowth
- Skin problems such as acne and itching
- Random Dizziness
Untreated Candida albicans problems can lead to more serious systemic candida issues such as infestation of the bloodstream which can cause some serious diseases. It’s best to go on a few small detoxes throughout the year for healthy maintenance of your body even if you don’t currently have an issue with it, as it will cleanse your body of harmful toxins from food, unfiltered water, and your environment.
Largely, the medical community (non-holistic) is slow to recognize Candida albicans issues as a big root cause of many other diseases and symptoms. This could be due to the fact that it is easily treated with just a simple diet/lifestyle change and NOT presciption medications (though there are some powerful anti-fungal medications that are prescribed in systemic cases when actually recognized, such as Diflucan).
Please see the Basic Detox & Candida Elimination: Diet and Lifestyle post for information on foods to eat, foods to avoid, lifestyle changes, and more!