Throughout the life of this blog, one of the most requested topics has been allergy friendly, toxin-free, gluten-free, and soy-free cosmetic alternatives. Not surprisingly, these products have proved challenging to find in the past. Today, there are many great products and awesome companies bringing us safe and beautiful collections that not only highlight our natural beauty, but keep us reaction free in the process! What goes on the skin sinks in, so being mindful is key. I’ve spent a good deal of time perfecting my own safe beauty bag and I’d like to share my favorite trusted brands and products with everyone in hopes of shedding some light on this popular topic. (Note: The following comments are my own unsolicited opinions). If you’re new to my site, this is kind of a part-two to an earlier post I did on products in my beauty bag. Be sure to check it out for more information.
Top Gluten-free, Allergen-free Cosmetics Brand:
I discovered Red Apple Lipstick some time ago and I’m excited to say they are definitely my favorite cosmetics company by a landslide. The owners Jay and Andrea Harper are fantastic to their customers and are real innovators in toxic-free products. I recently was named the winner of their Red Apple Girls Instagram photo contest and was featured in an ad on their facebook page which can be seen here. Not only do they have amazing lipsticks, glosses, and eye-shadows, rumor has it a mascara is in the works! Check out their YouTube Channel for some great tutorial videos put together by Ashley from Red Apple Lipstick, and a few other videos from Jay, Andrea, and happy customers. Allergen-free, gluten-free, Vegan, paraben-free, cruelty-free, and awesome…what’s more to love? (Picture above left: Wearing a matte lip in Secrets and using Silver Lining as an eyeshadow and face highlighter).
My favorite Red Apple Lipstick products this summer:
- Lipstick in Sunkissed
- Lipstick in Secrets
- Lip-gloss in Diamond Sands
- Lip-gloss in Amor Caliente
- Eye-shadow in Down to Earth
- Eye-shadow in Vamp
- Eye-shadow in Siren
Other Gluten-free, Soy-free Top Picks (shown above):
- RMS Beauty — “Living Luminizer” (shown top left) is one of my favorite products and is a great highlighter for a natural glow on the skin. It is rich in coconut oil and vitamins for the skin. I use it almost daily. Also pictured is a cream eye-shadow in Magnetic (bottom center) which is a lovely metallic prune shade. RMS “un-coverup” is amazing as a light-wear foundation as well (not pictured).
- Ultrapure Cosmetics, Mineral Makeup — Flawless Finish Powder Foundation in Beach Babe (pictured with brush) is the perfect shade for my skin and is very lightweight. It lets your natural skin shine through and just helps to even out the tone throughout. Ultrapure Cosmetics carries a great pressed powder foundation, (shown in the very first photo upper right), safe mascara, eye-shadows, face cleansers, and eye-liners.
- Physician’s Formula — While some of their products aren’t labeled gluten-free, a lot of them are clearly labeled and can be found in most cosmetics sections in major stores. I use the Super BB All in One Powder with Zinc Oxide sunscreen and absolutely love it. It’s gluten-free, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, and fragrance-free. It isn’t specifically listed as “soy-free”, but I have never had a soy reaction to it despite being very sensitive. I also use the mineral bronzer (shown in the very first photo far right) and eye-liners designed for hazel eyes (also shown in the very first photo upper right). Physicians Formula has a large range of products, so be sure to read the ingredients. Some products do contain soybean oil and I stay away from those. They are clearly labeled.
What are your favorite non-toxic, allergen-free, gluten-free beauty finds? I’d love to hear from you!