I recently learned of a great company based out of Germany called DELICARDO Foodcards. They have some really amazing products that I haven’t really seen done before that I think everyone should know about. To shortly summarize, the Foodcards list your various food allergies, intolerance, dining philosophies or aversions such as Celiac Disease in a format that can be easily read for safe dining out and traveling. I’ve listed all the information just below, so be sure to check them out!
DELICARDO foodcards is hosting a Spring Giveaway which I am super excited for! (The company contacted me with the information, but I was not compensated for promoting or helping host the giveaway. My honest opinion of the products is all I can offer). To enter the Spring Giveaway, click here and sign up for the newsletter. That’s it! You’re entered into the drawing automatically, which has some awesome prizes.
PRIZE 1: A Niederegger Marzipan Easter Bunny
PRIZE 2: 5 Plastic DELICARDO foodcards of your choice
(Those with adverse reactions to the Marizpan Easter Bunny will be given an option of a different prize. But seriously…who doesn’t love German chocolate?!) Be sure to enter by the April 15th deadline!
Have fun and good luck! May the odds be ever in your favor! (Hunger Games pun intended )
Also, the information I received from DELICARDO about their products was so good, I’m just going to list it all here for everyone.
Here’s a quick run through of what DELICARDO foodcards are and how they help people with dietary restrictions, either from food allergies and intolerances or because of a lifestyle choice.
The Problem: Eating. For people with food allergies this is a huge problem. At home you can be certain of what is going into your food as you are the one preparing it. But when someone else is in control there is a greater chance of mistakes being made that can have adverse affects on your health.
The Solution: It is absolutely necessary that the person preparing the food is well informed of what your dietary restrictions are. In a restaurant this can be done by telling a waiter who then informs the cook of your dietary restrictions. This leaves too much up to chance however, therefore we recommend the DELICARDO foodcard, a business card sized card that can be presented when dining out, abroad or at any other catered for functions. The cards clearly state what you can eat, can’t eat and where certain allergens or ingredients may be contained.
For Hotels and Restaurants: The DELICARDO Foodfan has been specifically created for the gastronomy industry. Do you find it more difficult to serve guests with food allergies and intolerances than other guests? The DELICARDO Foodfan contains -
· An info booklet with helpful information on preparing food for people with adverse food reactions
· The DELICARDO Foodfan with precise details for 17 allergies and intolerances informing staff of which ingredients are allowed and not allowed for the respective allergies
· A poster so that staff can quickly inform themselves of the respective allergies and intolerances.
Currently this info pack is available in German and can be translated on request.
Some key points about DELICARDO foodcards include:
1. Multiple allergies can be combined on one DELICARDO foodcard by using the online configurator or by contacting us directly.
2. The food intolerances or allergies are conveyed to the person preparing the food in a clear and practical manner under the categories “NOT ALLOWED TO EAT” “CAN BE FOUND IN” and “ALLOWED TO EAT”.
3. DELICARDO foodcards are available in 10 different chic designs. Two designs have been especially made for children.
4. DELICARDO foodcards are available in 3 formats; paperboard cards, plastic cards and as a PDF document to be printed at home.
5. Enomis GmbH, the creator of DELICARDO foodcards, was the recipient of the aha!award 2010 and has the ECARF Quality Seal
6. DELICARDO foodcards are available in various languages. The standard cards have been translated into French, German, English, Spanish and Italian plus there is the option of having a special translation made.
There are two options available when ordering cards, Standard Foodcards and Personalised Foodcards.
Standard, or Catalogue Foodcards, are for the major allergies and intolerances. They are best for people who don’t have multiple allergies or other special requirements.
Personalised, or Configurator Foodcards, are for people who have multiple adverse food reactions such as celiac disease and lactose intolerance or would like to edit the cards for some other reason. This can be done online in the foodcard Configurator.
Businesses are steadily catching on to the demand from consumers for free from foods and a clear, structured and peace of mind giving allergen policy. This is definitely a high growth area and we are glad to see that life is being made easier for people who suffer from adverse food reactions.
Happy Giveaway everyone!