This seriously tastes like a fast food Egg Muffin Breakfast sandwich…or what I remember it to taste like before a few different diagnoses. The good thing is it won’t clog your arteries or add a muffin to your waste-line like some fast food might. This recipe uses my homemade Cinnamon Almond Bread,which is low carb and high protein.
Cheesy Egg Sandwich with Cinnamon Almond Bread
This recipe is Free of: Gluten, Soy, Wheat, Peanuts, Legumes, Sugar, and Yeast.
- 2 small slices of Cinnamon Almond Bread (per sandwich)
- 4 Soy-free Eggs
- 2-3 slices of Rice Cheese (Galaxy Nutritional Foods makes a great one, but do watch out as the one I linked to contains a bit of casein protein. If you are sensitive, they have a pea protein based cheese too. Unfortunately, I’m allergic to all peas and legumes, so I don’t link to it here).
- Whisk soy free eggs together in a bowl to break up the yolks and add some salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic powder.
- Preheat a well greased skillet or non-stick skillet to medium-low heat and pour the eggs into the pan. Be sure to move the pan around to get the eggs covering the surface evenly.
- Cook until the eggs are mostly cooked through.
- Add a few slices of Rice Cheese spaced evenly and let them melt a bit. Fold the cooked eggs in half like an omelet.
- Remove from the heat and slice into sandwich sized sections. Maybe even roughly break them apart, as the cheese will be gooey and melty. Arrange the eggs on the Cinnamon Almond Bread and serve hot.